7 Great Real Estate Marketing Tips to Market Your Property Business
So, you have a great property business, and now you’re looking to take it to the next level through having more customers and leads to make it self-sustaining. But, there’s only one problem, how do you get more eyeballs on your listings? Perhaps you’ve already started working on marketing your business but are looking for some new tips and tricks to boost your efforts. Luckily, this article has 7 great ideas to market your property business and get more people to check out your listings.
1. Create an email marketing campaign
Email marketing might seem a little outdated in today’s social media-obsessed world, but it remains a critical component of any business’s marketing strategy. When done effectively, email marketing can be an effective and affordable way to expand your customer base. The first step to successfully marketing your listings with email is determining who you want to reach and why. Are you trying to attract more customers, or are you trying to increase the number of leads coming into your business? Next, you’ll need to decide on a specific message you’ll send out in your emails.
The most effective email marketing campaigns incorporate content written specifically for the reader’s needs and interests—personalising your emails is a prerequisite for successful marketing campaigns. Today’s attention-limited users are unlikely to engage with content that isn’t tailored to their interests. Modern email providers incorporate AI-powered automation tools to ensure users receive the most relevant information based on user behaviour.
2. Host a pop-up event
If you have a great location or a ton of must-see listings to showcase, why not host a pop-up event? Essentially, this is an event where you set up a few of your listings around a popular location and invite people to come and check them out while they’re there. This can be a very effective way to increase your overall traffic. Hosting a pop-up event can also be a great way to promote a particular listing — for example, you might host a pop-up event around a particular listing that you think is especially strong.
Pop-up events are great marketing tool, and these are just a few of the reasons why:
- Boosting awareness: Showcasing your best listings will get people interested in your business, so use it as an opportunity to boost brand recognition and create a buzz around your name. Pop-up events are a great way of standing out in a crowded market!
- One-on-one interaction: By hosting a physical event, you get the opportunity to interact face-to-face with leads and prospective buyers, which is a great way to build up a rapport and gain the trust of a potential customer.
- Experimenting in new markets: A pop-up event is an ideal way of “testing the water” if you’re looking to expand your property portfolio into a new location; you can gauge the market, get a feel for demand and get real-time feedback from potential buyers in the area.
3. Write blog posts
Blogs are a writer’s dream come true: you get to write about your passion and put your heart into it. But blogs also have another advantage over other types of online content – they get a far wider distribution than other online articles. This means you can have a blog post about real estate and have it seen by tons of interested people on social media and other websites. Furthermore, it’s important to remember that blogging is an excellent way to build a reputation for yourself as well as generate leads for your business.
Another huge benefit of blogging is its potential to enhance your SEO strategy. By creating relevant, engaging content that includes important industry-related keywords and links to other useful pages on your property website, search engines like Google and Bing will rank your content higher, meaning it’ll be easier to generate leads through organic traffic.
4. Install a chat bot
Familiar with chat bots? You may not think so, but chances are you’ve come across them more often than you think. Essentially, this technology (such as the chatbot by crisp.chat) leverages a branch of artificial intelligence called natural language processing (NLP) to interpret, understand and respond to requests made by a human user, to mimic a human-to-human interaction, except it’s between a human and a machine.
Adding a chat bot to your property website is an effective marketing tool, and one which could give you an advantage over competitors. Here are just a few benefits of using a chat bot in your property business:
- Improving lead generation: AI is evolving to the point where it’s becoming an integral part of any marketing strategy, and chat bots leverage this by using smart insights to deliver personalised experiences. This can help generate more meaningful leads, as by asking relevant questions a chatbot can direct prospects to the appropriate sales team for immediate conversion.
- Enhancing customer engagement: A chat bot can deliver instant, real-time responses to a range of customer needs, meaning you’re more likely to keep them engaged and interested for longer. By analysing data about user behaviour, a chat bot can also ensure it provides relevant responses and recommendations.
- Having 24/7 availability: A human customer support team can only be on call for so many hours of the day, meaning leads might be left waiting several hours for a response if they’ve submitted a query out-of-hours; with a chat bot, however, you’ll never miss a potential lead due to delays in responding, since they can answer most queries instantly, 24/7.
5. Use paid advertising
Understanding SEO is paramount, but if you’re looking to boost your online presence you can rarely rely on organic traffic alone. To get ahead of the competition, it’s often necessary to combine paid advertising with your SEO efforts. Paid ads (often referred to as pay-per-click or PPC) can be a great way to get your name out there. This could mean buying an advert on a well-trafficked social media platform or website, a popular article-sharing website, or often a highly-ranked search engine such as Google.
Getting your ad to appear at the top of Google’s search results won’t be completely straightforward (and rarely does it come without significant investment) but with the right targeting and well-planned campaigns, it’s actually pretty easy to launch your first paid ads through a tool like Google Ads. Staying there can be trickier, though, as competitors tussle for the top spot by trying to outsmart and outbid one another.
6. Create a video marketing campaign
It’s been said that online videos have a potential audience reach of 92% among the worldwide internet community. If you’re not already taking advantage of this mammoth opportunity to boost awareness of your listings and create more user engagement, you should start doing so right away. If you have great listings, why not produce a video and post it on YouTube, or even embed it on your own website? This can be a great way to generate more interest in your listings and bring more people along for your listing tours.
Remember, internet users are known to have limited attention spans, so you’ll want to keep your video content snappy and to-the-point, otherwise you’ll risk losing their interest. Keep them visually engaging, informative without overloading anyone with information, and ideally no more than a minute in length.
7. Use social media advertising
Finally, you’ll want to make sure that you’re leveraging social media. This is one of the best ways to boost your online presence and bring in new clients. You can leverage social media for paid advertising by posting regular content to your social media channels. This can be content that encourages people to check out your listings, leave reviews, or share your listings with others on social media. You can also engage in social media discussions about your listings or ask for recommendations on which properties to show next.
When it comes to your social media output, be sure to keep your ears and eyes open to new and emerging trends, and tailor your content accordingly. That way, you’ll have the best chance of capturing the attention of social media users by ensuring your content is always fresh, relevant and reflective of up-to-the-minute trends within the property market.
With all of these great marketing tips, you can see how important it is to improve your marketing strategy. If you want to grow your property business, generate more leads and attract more serious buyers, you need to make sure that your marketing efforts are top-notch. There are lots of ways to boost your marketing and get more people checking out your listings. You just need to put in the work and be strategic in how you approach it.